Many Rivers is a not-for-profit organisation that provides microenterprise development services. Our clients are people who have the ideas and skills to pursue entrepreneurship but may be experiencing difficult circumstances. We provide business support and mentoring including small business loans if required.
Our vision is for an Australia where all people have access to support and finance for commercial activities. The people we work with typically possess the ideas and skills to establish sustainable businesses but, for various reasons, have lacked the necessary financial support to do so.
We facilitate access to business support and services such as loans, transaction accounts and legal advice to enable a business to succeed.
Our approach is distinctive in four key areas:
- Local enterprise development – We live and work in the Hunter/Newcastle region;
- Practical business support – We focus on what needs to be done to enable the business to get started;
- Access to finance – We provide access to unsecured business loans and are providing access to other products and services to eliminate barriers for our clients; and
- Journey with clients – We walk alongside our clients, providing ongoing support and encouragement.
Microfinance provides entrepreneurial people who cannot access traditional financial support with small repeat loans that enable them to establish a small business – or microenterprise. These loans benefit individuals, families and the wider community by:
- Increasing household income and assets and providing greater stability for families.
- Enabling increased availability of locally provided goods and services.
- Helping to build sustainable local economies and reduce welfare dependence.
- Contributing towards social outcomes, including improving health and education.
Microfinance: from little things big things grow. Contact Many Rivers today to find out more about microenterprise development services.
This could be you!
Do you want to have your business profiled?
We feature local businesses in order to highlight local success stories and share in their achievements. If you wish for your business to be profiled and to share what makes you unique, what your specialty is and how you represent best practice, please complete our online registration form