Published on Apr 5, 2018
Feel free to share
Low Cost Advertising Opportunity
Unique Opportunity for Buy Local
Cessnock City Council is offering a unique opportunity to promote your business and products direct to the local market. A ‘Local Resident’s FREE Discount and Entertainment Guide’ is being developed for our residents and their visiting friends and relatives to choose local businesses first, and buy local.
Residents will be invited to collect a hard copy guide from Council or the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre; or download their version online. Their call to action will be within their Cessnock City Council rates assessment notice in early July 2018 (up to 25,000 households).
This is an affordable opportunity for local businesses to advertise and offer unique rewards to local residents in order to encourage them to spend locally.
Businesses operating in Cessnock local government area (LGA) are encouraged to offer incentives and promote sales by offering “locals only” discounts and coupons. A key part of the value proposition of the booklet is in promoting purchase behaviour and local loyalty for Cessnock City businesses by providing a section of cut-out coupons offering discounts, 2 for 1 type offers and exclusive offers.
A Cessnock LGA directory of businesses will be included at the rear of the publication as a useful guide to help residents choose local businesses first.
Download the Price List and read all about the Buy Local Initiative:
Just need the booking form?
Update – 3 May 2018
90% of advertising places are sold – but we are extending the deadline and may expand the capacity of the booklet depending on demand. You still have to be fast – get your booking in by 7 May!
Many types of businesses have already signed on including: Dentist, whole foods specialists, community organisations, trades and hardware, pharmacy, solicitor, conveyancing, jewellery, financial sector, insurer, retail, tourism, wine, brewery, dining, tours, experiences, real estate, hairdressers.
Who should advertise? We are looking for these types of businesses:
Every type of business is welcome. The guide targets local people, these are the types of businesses that would benefit from having an advert or offering a coupon to residents:
- Lifestyle businesses – dining out, retail, beauty, health and therapies, gyms and fitness
- Services – general trades, construction businesses, handyman services, landscaping, gardening, cleaning
- Day to day resident needs – childcare, education, banking or financial, brokering, insurance, car services, real estate
- Tourism and experiences – wineries, experiences, attractions, fun activities and tours, entertainment
- any business who has local customers
- How many households will be targeted? – 25,000 households and over 50,000 people via their Council rates insert in July, via traditional media, social media, fliers in businesses and real estate agents for tenants. The book will be in high quality print, and available online. The guide will be annual.
- What else will be in the Guide? – We want to encourage locals to get out and about, but also generate pride in our community and our businesses. There will be a welcome from the Mayor, an overview of the region, intro to the precincts and towns, fun facts, map, events guide, school holiday activities, things for children and families, dining out, things to explore and overviews on experiences including markets, walking trails, culture, adventures etc. Help us create great content by advertising and inspiring local narratives.
- How do I get included in the Business Directory within the Guide? – If you are a member of any of the participating business chambers, you do not need to action anything for your free one line listing. We have been communicating with the chambers and they will provide us a list of their member businesses. If you aren’t a member, the directory listing is included in your advertising fee, or you can book this separately on the booking form.
- Do I need to pay for an advert or coupon right away? No! We are flexible for the month of May, we understand small businesses can be under tight budgets. The important thing is you submit your booking form and secure your space. We can then issue a Council Invoice that you can process before the end of May 2018.
- How do I return the form? Online, over the phone 4993 4185, email Rhiannon.Stevens@cessnock.nsw.gov.au, or over the Counter at Council, or the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre.
- I don’t have access to a graphic designer – That is okay. We can help you find images, write ad copy, come up with an offer, all included in the price.
If you have a question – send it through!
Win the Inside Back Cover
You can now WIN the Inside Back Cover of the official Local’s Guide (worth $1250 incl GST).
We want to promote local businesses and we understand how important a customer is to your bottom line.
We offer you a final incentive…
- Submit your booking form BEFORE 5pm Tuesday 8 May 2018, and
- Spend a minimum of $199 incl GST in coupon or adverts
AND you will be entered in the draw.
The one winning business will be drawn from all who meet the above criteria. This business will have their advert upgraded at no extra cost to include the whole Inside Back Cover of the book, worth $1250.
The winning business will be notified by 10am Wednesday 9 May 2018.
Yes!! Any current advertisers who have already secured their booking and meet the criteria are also included in the draw.
Please direct Advertising enquiries to Economic Development Officer 4993 4185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All other enquiries to Economic Development Manager, 4993 4257 or email@example.com.