Published on Aug 5, 2019
Feel free to share
Wine Tourism and Cellar Door grants
Applications have opened for Wine Australia’s Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grants program for 2019. To be eligible you must produce wine in Australia, sell wine domestically, and have a cellar door.
Eligible wine producers will receive an annual grant of up to $100,000 to optimise visitors’ experiences at their cellar doors.
Assistant Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources Anne Ruston said, “This program recognises the huge investments that wine businesses make in local communities and the value they add in attracting international tourists.”
“With the growing demand for outstanding food and wine as part of the travel experience, it’s important that our wine regions maintain their competitive edge”, she said.
Key dates – Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grants
- One grant round will be offered each financial year for wine sold in the previous financial year
- Applications for round 1 (2018-19 financial year) open 1 July 2019
- Applications for round 1 close 30 September 2019
- Applicants informed of grant outcomes in October 2019
- Grant payments made in November 2019.
Wine Export Grants also available
The export grants are designed to build the capability and capacity of small and medium wine businesses to capture export and tourism opportunities, particularly in China and the United States of America.
What can be claimed?
- reimbursement of travel expenses for a single promotional visit to China (including Hong Kong and Macau) and/or the USA
- the cost of providing free samples of the product you are promoting for export
- costs directly related to participating and promoting your product in international trade fairs, seminars and in-store promotions, and
- marketing and advertising material tailored for Chinese or USA audiences.
What do applicants get?
Eligible applicants may claim up to A$25,000, including:
- up to 50 per cent reimbursement of eligible expenses, and
- a daily allowance of A$350 capped at 14 days for incidental or on-ground costs (e.g. vehicle hire, telephone and internet costs, foreign currency exchange costs, meals, laundry, taxis in countries other than Australia, hospitality costs, accommodation or translating/interpreting services).
Applications can be made online via Wine Australia’s grants portal until 5pm ACDT 1 May 2020 or until the funds are exhausted.
For assistance with your application, please phone Wine Australia on (08) 8228 2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Go here for more information about the export grants.
Similar News View All Similar News