Best practice approaches to provide individualised and relationship focused service delivery.
This interactive workshop will assist participants to:
- Develop strategies to enhance cultural competence
- Gain insights into the diverse needs of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including refugees
- Understanding CALD perspectives of dementia
- Working with interpreting services
- Understanding cultural differences
- Assisting aged care service providers to meet aged care quality standards
Morning tea, lunch and training material provided. Free parking.
These workshops are for people who work in health, aged and disability services, government and community services organisations.
Ticket are through eventbrite – $159.50 including booking fee. Discounts for group bookings.
The Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra (MCCI) is a peak not-for-profit community based organisation which was established in 1975 as the Illawarra Ethnic Communities Council Inc. The MCCI represents the interests of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD) and delivers a range of diversity services in aged care, youth development, community capacity building, stakeholder engagement, volunteering, and training.