Do you manage the payroll for a small business? This course is fully subsidised for eligible students!
Xero Payroll for Business will prepare payroll personnel and small business owners to attain a stronger command of the various functions of the Payroll module in Xero.
Join Linda Ferguson, Principal Business Advisor for Digits Business Services and learn how to:
RECORD PAYROLL DATA IN XERO
- Check payroll data and clarify discrepancies
- Enter employee pay period details and any deductions and allowances
- Calculate payment due to individual employees
PREPARE PAYROLL IN XERO
- Prepare payroll within designated timelines
- Reconcile total wages for pay period, check or correct irregularities
- Make arrangements for payment to employees
- Obtain authorisation of payroll and individual pay advice
- Produce, check and store payroll records
- Follow security procedures for processing payroll and for maintaining payroll records
HANDLE PAYROLL ENQUIRIES IN XERO
- Respond to payroll enquiries
- Provide information regarding enquiries
- Ensure all enquiries outside area of responsibility and Knowledge, are referred to designated persons for resolution
- Complete additional information or follow-up action within designated timelines
If you are familiar with the basic functions of Xero, then this is the workshop for you!
Places are limited, so what are you waiting for? Enrol today!
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for students that have previously completed the Xero for Business course through Central Coast Community College or already have a working knowledge of using the basic functions in Xero. In order to enrol in this course, you will need to have current skills in using internet browser Google Chrome, MS Word and Excel.
This course is being offered under the Tech Savvy Small Business Program. This funding has been designed for small business owners and employees of small businesses who want to better understand how to use the latest technology to improve their business operations. To determine your eligibility for the Program click here.
Students must be able to provide a valid ABN for their own business or the business they are employed by, have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course. Click here for more information about the enrolment process.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
You will need to bring your own laptop to each class,
USB if you would like a copy your course files,
Pen and notepad if you would like to take notes.
A LIGHT LUNCH AND MORNING TEA WILL BE SUPPLIED. IF YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS PLEASE CONTACT THE COLLEGE PRIOR TO THE COURSE ON 4348 4300.
The Hunter Region Business HUB
79 Barton Street
Kurri Kurri 2327
24 October 9.30 – 4.30