Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job
If you need to move for work you could get help to cover the costs, up to:
- $3,000 if you move to a capital city
- $6,000 if you move to a regional area
- an extra $3,000 if you move with a dependent
This support can be used to pay for a range of expenses including:
- up to two months’ rent at your new location
- rental bond
- travel and removalists costs
- costs of settling in at your new location
How to get relocation assistance
Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job is available to people in jobactive, Disability Employment Services, ParentsNext (Intensive Stream) and Structural Adjustment Programs. You could be eligible if you get a job that is:
- at least 30 hours per week
- ongoing and sustainable work for more than six months
- more than 90 minutes from where you currently live
- not within the same capital city in which you currently live
Talk to your provider or read the Relocation Assistance Information for Job Seekers fact sheet to find out more.
Check out the full range of information on Australian Governmment Relocation Assistance.
Relocation assistance for skilled workers
The NSW Government has established the Regional Skills Relocation Grant to increase the availability of skilled and experienced workers for businesses setting up in, relocating to, or existing in regional NSW. Grants of up to $10,000 per worker are available to attract skilled employees to regional NSW by helping businesses meet the costs of relocating employees.
Grants will be available for regional NSW businesses operating in eligible industries to assist with the relocation costs of eligible skilled workers moving from metropolitan areas to regional NSW.
Find out more about NSW Skilled Occupation Lists
Bringing new businesses and skilled workers to towns means more customers for local suppliers, retailers, restaurants and cafes as well as opportunities to welcome new friends and enjoy diverse cultures.
Approved businesses will be reimbursed up to $10,000 to assist with the relocation expenses incurred by the eligible skilled workers they employ.
The relocation expenses covered by this grant are:
- furniture removal
- travel for immediate family to relocate
- temporary accommodation for up to three months
- furniture storage for up to three months.
Find out more on the Department of Industry website.