Published on Feb 24, 2020
Feel free to share
Cessnock City Council, Advance Cessnock City Partners and the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre have been anticipating the launch of the Tourism Recovery Package campaign.
The multi-faceted marketing campaign ‘Now’s the Time to Love NSW’, is a social media led, community driven initiative that encourages people to make holiday plans in NSW, inspire them to capture their favourite NSW holiday hot spots and ‘share the love’ by posting authentic images with the tag, #LoveNSW.
Destination NSW’s Tourism Recovery Package acknowledges the state’s entire tourism industry has been impacted, either directly or indirectly, by bushfires and or drought.
The campaign will welcome a much needed boost to the state’s tourism economy by encouraging visitation to disaster affected communities.
‘Now’s the Time to Love NSW’ is phase one of several to be delivered in stages to ensure long term support for operators and tourism destinations across the state.
Cessnock City Council’s Economic Development and Visitor Centre teams are encouraging businesses to support the “Now’s The Time To Love NSW” campaign.
If you would like to be involved and showcase what the Hunter Valley has to offer, here are some practical tips you can implement now:
- Participate in the ‘Now’s The Time To Love NSW’ campaign. Take photos in the region with heart shaped hands! Share the photo on your social media with the hashtags:
- Get involved in your local chamber today! Local chambers of commerce and membership based networks will play a key role in promoting and supporting businesses.
- Host conferences and meetings.All MICE operators should also update their listings with https://www.meetinnsw.com.au/
- Ensure your official Get Connected listing is up to date! Campaign traffic pushed to visitnsw.com lists your tourism product and events! Businesses can contact the Hunter Valley VIC for assistance with their listings on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5. Host exciting activities and events that will attract visitors and activate the calendars! Visit the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre’s website and Submit your events here. Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre loves to share!
- 6. Promote through every avenue! Ideas include:
*Use and take advantage of all the nationally announced hashtag campaigns (see below)
*Use your customer database to share the message and invite them back into the region!
Anyone can participate in the campaign through these easy steps:
- Form your hands into a heart shape.
- Take a photo with your ‘heart’ in a NSW location.
- Share the photo on your social media with the hashtag #LoveNSW, also use #NewSouthWales and also tag @VisitNSW
- Also use #LoveHunterValley to promote and support spending and visitation in our own region!
- Encourage your visitors to do the same!
For more information: https://www.destinationnsw.com.au/news-and-media/nsw-bushfires/tourism-recovery-package
The industry ‘toolkit’ which contains information on what this campaign is all about. Download the toolkit here:
Similar News View All Similar News