Cessnock City is well located for transport and logistics companies.
Access to Sydney
Cessnock City has direct access to the Pacific Motorway connecting Sydney and Brisbane via the NSW North Coast, and to the Hunter Expressway which links to the New England Highway and the Golden Highway to the North, linking Cessnock LGA to the highly productive agricultural and mining areas of the Upper Hunter, New England North West and Central NSW regions.
Access to Newcastle
Via the Hunter Expressway, Cessnock LGA also feeds directly into Newcastle to the East which is a major centre for freight with a convergence of road, rail, airport and shipping networks. The Port of Newcastle is one of the busiest in Australia with bulk coal, grain and liquid handling facilities as well as facilities for handling over 40 other freight commodities.
Cessnock City has ideal industrial land available in the Kurri Kurri, Black Hill, Loxford and Branxton areas with access to the Hunter Expressway, with sites suitable for:
- Road freight depots and storage areas, including container storage
- Warehouses and distribution centres
- Truck sales, repairs and maintenance
- Truck service centre including fuel, accommodation, truck wash, trailer storage etc
- Heavy vehicle driver and maintenance training facilities and services
- Manufacturers with a heavy reliance on road transport for inputs and/or outputs