Published on Apr 27, 2020
Feel free to share
The Federal Government have announced temporary changes to delivery services provided by Australia Post during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Currently there are delivery delays dues to air freight restrictions and capacity, increased volume of parcels and health and safety measures across the country.
Relaxed restrictions by the Federal Government have allowed Australia post to retrain and redeploy postman to assist parcel delivery drivers with the sudden increase in deliveries.
According to Australia Post CEO, Christine Holgate, parcel volumes have doubled during the Pandemic with more consumers purchasing online. This is an increase of 80% compared to last year.
Changes that have been put in place will allow Australia Post to provide quality service that meets the needs of the wider community, effective and efficiently.
Changes you made need to be aware of:
- Regulatory relief
- delivery frequency in regional, rural, and remote Australia will not change
- Post offices will remain open in line with hygiene and social distancing measures
- Delivery delays
- delays can be up to a few days, particularly to regional and rural communities
- Next Day Express Post Services into regional and rural communities may not be able to be maintained
- Express Post guarantee temporarily suspended
- Express Post is still available and remains the fastest delivery option, however, may not be delivered the next business day
- Changes to metropolitan collection times
- collections times are being brought forward
- Signatures no longer required
- parcels will no longer require a signature for delivery or collection
- someone will need to be present at a residence otherwise standard delivery procedures apply
- contact will be minimised by either leaving the parcel at the door until the driver or postie has left the premises or collect from the counter
- Health & safety measures
- keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from people
- practice good hygiene
Any questions you have regarding the changes may be answered here Coronavirus FAQ
Similar News View All Similar News