Australian Festival Industry Conference
The Australian Festival Industry Conference (AFIC) is the Asia Pacific’s leading industry meeting place for festival management personnel who deliver quality music, arts & culture, food & drink, ideas and sporting festivals. Learn more.
AFIC will be held across Wednesday 30 and Thursday 31 August 2023 at Luna Park, Sydney.
AFIC is a chance for organisers to learn, share and network with industry colleagues, whilst meeting and connecting with industry suppliers, grant providers and educational institutions.
Who should attend?
Any professional who forms part of the core organising team of any festival or large-scale event, such as:
- Festival director / event manager
- HR Manager / volunteer coordinator
- Sponsorship manager / coordinator
- Marketing, PR & graphic design professionals
- Vendor coordinator
- Artistic director / programming coordinator
- Treasurer / accounting & finance managers
- Site manager
- Technical director
- Administration support
Suppliers to the industry, such as:
- Food & drink
- Event management & ticketing software
- Water stations
- Phone charging stations
- Site management / security
- Waste management
- Local Government employees (i.e. tourism & industry development managers)
- State Government employees
Spanning two days, the conference features:
- Two keynote presentations by Rhoda Roberts AO and Anthony Bastic AM;
- Updates from the NSW Government and Austrade;
- Presentations from 20+ industry-leading professionals;
- Three panel discussions;
- Two evening networking events; and,
- Two floors of trade exhibition