The accessible tourism sector is a high value sector to the Australian tourism industry and broader economy.
Accessible tourism is tourism which services experiences that accommodates the needs of all people, and for the purpose of this research piece, those with disability.
In Australia 1 in 4 travellers identify as having a disability.
There is absolutely no doubt that we all know being accessible and inclusive is worth it!!
It’s a win for your customers and your business.
As a business owner, where do you start? It can feel confronting, confusing and expensive!
But, it doesn’t have to be.
Hunter Valley Wine & Tourism Association, along with Cessnock and Singleton Councils are hosting an online Accessible Tourism workshop on Monday, 11 September.
This workshop will be facilitated by tourism and business expert, Giovanna Lever of Sparrowly Group. Giovanna is the co-author of nationally acclaimed accessible tourism paper, Creating Real Inclusion and advocate for people with disability.
This workshop will help you:
- Learn more about this sector, what it means for your business
- Build your confidence in working with and supporting people with disability
- Guide you in identifying opportunities for your business
- Support you in developing a stepped plan building inclusivity into your business model
You should attend if you are a:
- Business Owner and Manager
- Work in economic development or destination management and development
- Are a local tourism industry partner
. . . . . . . .
This is a practical and hands-on workshop running over 1.5 hours and will require full participation in order to get the most of the session. It will not be recorded.