Mayoral Scholarship Program
Cessnock City Council is delighted to announce the recipients of the 2023 Mayoral Scholarship Program. The program has awarded $585,500 to 245 Cessnock Local Government Area students since 2002.
Cessnock City Council Mayor Jay Suvaal said the scholarship program offered meaningful financial support to people undertaking studies who live within the local government area.
“It is wonderful to be able to provide this support to our community. These scholarships will assist students who are undertaking studies in an array of fields that will, in turn, benefit our community in a multitude of ways,” Cr Suvaal said.
“I would like to congratulate all of the recipients and wish them well in their studies and continue on their educational journey.”
Each scholarship provides $2500 in direct financial support to assist local students with the cost of their studies and are made possible by the program's sponsors.
The 2023 scholarship recipients are:
- Andrea Pinchen, sponsored by Austar Coal Mine
- Lennox Vasilis, sponsored by Belford Land Corporation
- Nathan Riley, sponsored by Advance Greater Cessnock and Cessnock City Council
- Ethan Elliott, sponsored Cessnock Hospitality Group
- Emily Gordon, sponsored Cessnock Rotary Club
- Hollie Winter, sponsored by East Cessnock Bowling Club
- Mariah George, sponsored by Hunter Resource Recovery
- Jesse Knight, sponsored by Lioncrest Education
- Kellie Drummond, sponsored by Nu Smile
- Benjamin Archer, Roche Group
- Rebecca Nies, sponsored by Rover Coaches
A huge congratulations to all of this year's scholarship recipients and a big thank you to the sponsors of the 2023 Mayoral Scholarship Program.