Minimum Wage Increase
On October 1 the minimum wage in 10 awards within aviation, tourism and hospitality were increased.
The awards are:
- Air Pilots Award [MA000046]
- Aircraft Cabin Crew Award [MA000047]
- Airline Operations - Ground Staff Award [MA000048]
- Airport Employees Award [MA000049]
- Airservices Australia Enterprise Award 2016 [MA000141]
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award [MA000009]
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award [MA000058
- Restaurant Industry Award [MA000119]
- Alpine Resorts Award [MA000092]
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award [MA000093]
The Fair Work Ombudsman has provided the following tools to assist in your understanding.
- A Pay and Conditions Tool to calculate your new pay rate (including allowances)
- A Pay guides page to access the updated pay guide for your award
- An Find my award tool to check what award you're covered by.
If you’re covered by the Restaurant Industry Award, you can also find updated pay rates in our Restaurant Award interactive tool.
Further information can be found here