Published on Jun 29, 2021
Feel free to share
With school holidays upon us, why not explore your own back yard, along the Hunter Valley Selfie Trail.
Navigating the Hunter Valley region has become even easier, with the introduction of a new self-guided tour.
The Hunter Valley Selfie Trail is a Cessnock City Council initiative which has been funded by the Australian Government as part of the Austrade Bushfire Recovery Project.
The $10 million Regional Tourism Bushfire Recovery (RTBR) grants program aims to help tourism recover in bushfire affected areas.
Capture precious memories as you travel the region with the Hunter Valley Selfie Trail.
The trail brings together 12 of the most attractive spots from across the Valley, allowing visitors to explore the wide range of activities and wonders on offer.
Happy snappers will find plenty of inspiration along the way as they follow the map and experience the wide open spaces, the charming venues, the artworks, and the delicious produce along the way.
Visitors are urged to share their selfies from the Hunter Valley Selfie Trail on Instagram at www.instagram.com/huntervalleyselfie/ using the hashtag #huntervalleyselfietrail.
Check out the trail’s attractions:
- Finchley’s Lookout: Offers 360 degree views over the wild places surrounding it, including Yengo National Park.
- Audrey Wilkinson: Wine country at its finest, this winery overlooks paddocks and vineyard. As well as the views, it’s a good opportunity to taste the local product.
- Hunter Valley Gardens: Changing seasonally, it has attractions to delight all ages. Even if you have explored the delightful 14 hectare attraction, it’s time to go again.
- Hunter Valley Zoo: Have a close encounter of the fur kind. With animal encounters and live educational shows on offer, it’s the perfect place to snap the whole family.
- Voco Kirkton Park: Known as a delight for foodies, the park offers walking tracks and perfectly manicured gardens.
- Wollombi: Get behind the wheel and explore the rich region’s history, arts and natural beauty.
- Scarborough Wine Co: Looking for the perfect framed photo? An Instaframe in front of the vines guarantees a perfect shot. (The award-winning wines are worth a glance too.)
- Hot air ballooning: High up there, you can get the aerial shots you always dreamed of.
- Bistro Molines: Capture the beauty of the Mount View area from the chic French courtyard.
- Great Northern Trading Post: The perfect place to enjoy live music, exceptional food and drinks, this is a chance to explore the Laguna area along the Great North Road.
- Kurri Kurri Murals: Mainland Australia’s most mural-rich township, Kurri Kurri’s artworks are not to be missed. You can pick up a map for a self-guided tour at the visitor centre.
- Mount Bright Lookout: Set on the Great North Walk, it has unmatched views across the Valley, including the Cessnock township.
You can find the entire brochure, including map, online at huntervalleyselfie.com or visit the friendly staff at Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre.
Don’t miss this chance to explore and document an unforgettable region with #huntervalleyselfietrail. Download your copy here.
Similar News View All Similar News