Cessnock City is home to Hunter Valley Wine Country
The HUNTER VALLEY is only 2 hours or 120 km North of Sydney and the ideal destination for a short break, luxury escape, day trip or long weekend and special celebrations, where you can be surrounded by nature and culture within a short time.
Australia’s oldest wine region offers more than just premium fine wines, gourmet delights and a beautiful vineyard setting. In the Hunter Valley, there is so much to explore. The Hunter Valley is the place to indulge, escape, and invigorate your senses.
Tour the famous Hunter Valley Gardens, visit the zoo, unwind with a round of golf, and indulge in cheese or chocolate. Relax and be pampered in a spa or seek out the galleries and local artisans products. For the adventurous, cycle or go horse riding at sunset, take to the air in a hot air balloon, sky dive or enjoy a joy flight.
The Hunter Valley is surrounded by untouched natural landscape and beautiful scenery where you can go bush walking, four wheel driving, or mountain biking. Explore our rich heritage by visiting convict relics, see remnants of our coal mining past and have an authentic Aboriginal experience.
There are a range of different activities to suit couples, families, groups and special occasions in the Hunter Valley.
Site Selection Information and Services
A suite of services are available to facilitate investment or business relocation or expansion to Cessnock City including:
- Site selection and the facilitation of site visits to explore the multiple commercial and industrial opportunities available;
- Anonymous site location support, if required;
- Itinerary development assistance to companies seeking to investigate opportunities within Cessnock City;
- Streamlined development applications and fast-tracked approvals, subject to statutory requirements;
- Introductions with local industry networks, suppliers, service providers, and supply chain contacts;
- Purchasing support from local business – 24 hour service response for all business procurement needs;
- Introductions to employment, education, and training providers;
- Ongoing support for businesses from the Council’s Economic Development Unit once they have relocated to Cessnock City; and
- New Resident Guide.
Contact Cessnock City Council’s Economic Development Manager for more information.
Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre
Why not stop by and visit our friendly staff at the Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre. We are passionate about our great region!
The accredited Hunter Valley Visitor Information Centre is located just outside of Cessnock in the heart of the Hunter Valley, Australia. The Centre rests at Wine Country Drive Pokolbin, at the same entry to Cessnock Airport; and is your premier gateway to all information about the Hunter Valley.
The visitor centre is not just a tourism service for visitors to our region.
You can collect brochures, visitor guides and maps for other NSW tourism destinations to help plan your next trip away. The visitor centre is also a great place to learn more about the region we live, and can help inspire a day out or help plan for a special occasion.
The Centre has an excellent range of local produce such as lavender and honey, handmade goods, artisan products and Hunter Valley souvenirs available in its Gift Shop. They also sell authentic Aboriginal cultural products in the Les Elvin ‘Kungera’ art room, and local artworks in their Gallery. See the coupon for 10% off in the gift shop on page X.
Enjoy a tasting of local family wineries at the tastings counter, or grab a coffee and a bite to eat in the Café.
When was the last time you visited?
The Visitor Centre is open 7 Days per week. 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday, 9am to 4pm Sundays and Public Holidays. Closed Christmas Day.
AVAILABLE AT THE CENTRE
- Free wi-fi
- Local event ticket sales, bookings and What’s On guides
- A huge range of giftware and Hunter Valley produce
- Trainlink tickets
- Public amenities and
Address: 455 Wine Country Drive, Pokolbin NSW 2320.
Mailing Address: PO Box 268. Cessnock NSW 2325.
Phone: +61 2 4993 6700 (direct line)
Website: Visitor Information Centre