Hunter Valley Visitor Centre
Hunter Valley Visitor Centre is conveniently located at 455 Wine Country Drive Pokolbin adjacent to Cessnock Airport, and open 7 days a week. Our accredited level 1 centre plays a pivotal role in providing valuable information to visitors, new residents and the business community.
The centre is staffed by friendly professionals with extensive local knowledge. During peak periods, we enjoy visitation between 800 and 900 visitors per day. The Council managed Hunter Valley Visitor Centre has seen an increase in visitation in one year of 12.5%, welcoming 108,000 visitors through its doors.
Our mission is to attract visitors. We promote and market the Centre and the LGA as a key visitor destination. Currently we provide exposure and business support to more than 240 varied businesses.
The Hunter valley Visitor Centre comprehensive services include:
- Accommodation bookings
- Tour bookings
- Food and wine experiences
- Visitor engagement to create tailored positive experiences
- Destination awareness
- Facebook promotion
- Attractive and user friendly website detailing many of the diverse activities, experiences and events to explore in the Hunter Valley
- Support of the visitor economy
- Extensive selection of local and regional maps
- Merchandise sales from the centres Gift Shop. The Gift shop stocks predominantly local products from more than 50 suppliers. The Centre has an excellent range of local produce, artisan products and Hunter Valley souvenirs.
Drop by The Hunter Valley Visitor Centre to help you experience all that the Hunter has to offer.
This could be you!
Do you want to have your business profiled?
We feature local businesses in order to highlight local success stories and share in their achievements. If you wish for your business to be profiled and to share what makes you unique, what your specialty is and how you represent best practice, please complete our online registration form